Swedish Massage helps us to relax and can help ease aches and pains. It helps
trigger the release of the body's natural painkillers and gives a general sense of
contentment. It can help improve or release the body's function such as reducing muscle
stiffness allowing better movement following treatment.
How can Massage benefit you?
· Enhanced feeling of
relaxation and contentment
· Relief of pain, eg. headaches, backpain due to stress and tension
· Release endorphins, the body's feel good hormones
· Improves body and lymph circulation
· Increases energy levels and feeling of vitality
· A general sense of wellbeing
In Preparation for Treatment
For some, permission to treat will be sought from your GP, massage
can have a positive effect on many illnesses and conditions but in more serious conditions
this needs to be completed in conjunction with any treatment your GP is currently prescribing. If you are taking
regular medication or are currently being treated by your GP, please contact Nikki Cookson for advice.
other treatment being given by complementary therapists needs to be disclosed.